Last weekend was full of first time events. First of all Alina went to the Ladie's Retreat with her Mommy for first time ever. This prompted another first, which was the first time I have taken the boys camping by myself. That is, without Shawna. I met my friend and pastor Aaron and his little girl at the camp ground and we spent the afternoon, night and morning in the great outdoors. As you can see in the first picture, there was yet another first that weekend. Niamh's first time in a front facing seat. I put him in Conlin's usual spot, and it needed no adjusting.

When I arrived at the campground I selected a spot from the map in the office and then drove out to it to get settled in while I waited for Aaron. When I found my numbered site, it looked to me to be a grass parking lot where I had to back into a spot with a camper four feet away on either side. I decided to move to the tent camping area where we stayed the remainder of the time. Aaron and I took the kids for a bike trailer ride, a walk, to the playground and finished the day with singing by the campfire. Then the real fun began. Getting the kids to go to sleep. I got the boys to sleep within an hour or so, but I could hear a faint little voice in Aaron's tent for a while after that. All in all it went rather well (primarily noone fell in the river or the fire).
One thing I forgot was enough plates. Here Niamh is eating off the last paper plate, which I staked to the table with my knife so he wouldn't dump it onto the ground.
1 Comments:
Dane - let's do it again soon, but with our wives next time.
Aaron
Post a Comment
<< Home