Emily and family
For some months my neighbor, Tina, has been battling cancer. Tonight, she lost her fight and has gone to be with our Lord. She was a Christian as well as her twenty year old son who lives at home. Tina also has a daughter, Emily, who is nine and quite the social bug, full of energy. Today, I have been heart broken because not only is Emily without her mommy, but her Dad does not know the Lord. I am heart broken because I don't know how her dad can really share with Emily where her mommy is and the reassurance, peace and comfort that comes from knowing our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. All that I can do is pray that her brother whom I think is a Christian will be able to step up to his step dad's role and share with Emily that her mom's body is dead, but her spirit is up with Jesus for an eternity. Emily never showed any signs of sadness through all my interactions over these past months. I was told that she truly thought that God was going to heal her mom. So, I don't know where her heart is right now. Therefore, I pray that she does not run away from God, but sees only more need and is strengthened by Him. My prayers are also filled with a hope that through this tragedy, Andy, the dad, would come to know the Lord. What a glorious occurrence this would be in the midst of all the sadness that death brings. My final prayer at this time is that if either Dane or I could assist their family in coping and understanding then we would be quick to listen and patient for the Holy Spirit to guide our words. To be nine and without a mommy makes my heart ache. All things are purposed for His Glory, no matter how sad and tragic this event. I want to ask all who read this post to lift up this family in their prayers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home