Welcome to the McClaflin's

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Spring Family Photo

Hi! Last Sunday we were on our way out the door to church, a little early for a change, and decided to stop and get a quick family photo in front of the house. I just though I would share it with you all. This photo reminds me of how much I have to be thankful for. Psalm 2:11 says "Worship the LORD with reverence And rejoice with trembling." At first this combination of rejoicing, reverence and trembling seems like an odd one. But when I rejoice in the things He has blessed me with (i.e. the survival of my kids) and think of the strength, soveriegnty, and power of the Lord God, Creator of the universe, that brought that about, it makes me revere Him. And when I think of the even greater gift that He has given us (i.e. His Son dieing on the cross for our sins and being resurrected from the dead, killing sin and death forever and drawing us to Himself for His glory for all eternity), and the unfathomable power, love, and mercy of our Great and Holy God it is enough to make me tremble. To now have the blessing of being able to approach such a holy and perfect being, to have Him care enough about us to die for us, call us out of our sin, and draw us to himself while we were hell-deserving sinners should be enough to make us all tremble. Romans 5:8 says "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. "

I hope that if you do not know the Lord Jesus Christ, if you have not acknowledged Him as the Lord of your life and Lord of all things (because He is whether you like it or not), that you will seriously consider it. Read about Him in your bible and pursue Him with all your heart. If you are thinking to yourself "you just believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to believe and we'll be fine," remember this: What you believe has no impact on what the truth is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home