Happy Mother's Day
Psalm 139: 13-14 says,
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
What a blessing to be a mother. It is something that cannot be shared verbally, but only experienced. This past week God has allowed us to experience new aspects of our childrens personality. They are becoming more busy in their daily activities and finding much enjoyment as they explore the world around them. I am finding myself tearing up more lately as I observe these two bundles and also as they interact with me, their mom. They show me so much love as they hug me, kiss me, and reach out for me through the day. A few times this past week, my mind has wondered back to this time last year, it was still eight days until we brought our son home (5-22-05), and the thought of whether or not our son would ever see the light of day outside of the hopsital still existed. I am still rejoicing that the Lord allowed me to have both of my children
. I am speechless to the amount of happiness they bring me all day long as they hug me, kiss me, and reach out to and for me. I cannot imagine not being a mom. I pray that I will not forget what a tremendous blessing these children are, that we will continually seek God's will and be quiet enough to hear what he has to say
when it comes to raising these two gifts. I pray that Conlin and Alina would come to know the Lord as their personal savior and commit their lives to serving our Lord. There are so many hopes and dreams that I have for my children. I thinks its pretty cool to love something so much that it hurts. I hope that all you moms out their were able to slow down for today and thank the Lord above for the miracle of life and the joy that it brings. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU ALL!!!

2 Comments:
Happy Mother's Day to you too Shawna! I agree, it is SO AWESOME being a mom. I've had workers at the house for over a week now and they have seen me playing with Ruby day in and day out and I know they must think I'm a nut but I don't care because I'm having fun being a mommy!
Now I don't know how I'm going to do it with 2 but if you can do it I guess I can too :)
Dear Shawna,
Alina looks the spitting image of you.
It's great to see your handsome family and to hear of God's continued goodness to our dear friends.
Love in Christ,
the Bayly family
Post a Comment
<< Home