Another Surgery, Maybe

Tomorrow, Conlin is scheduled for another surgery. This time a urologist is going to do some repairs. This includes circumcision (among other things which I won't share; when Conlin is older, he'll thank me). ANYHOW, we say "maybe" in the title because he is a little under the weather today. He threw up once or twice this morning, but has been pretty good the rest of the day. In fact here is a quick video of him blowing his mommy kisses.We took him to the pediatrician to have him checked out and they said he could probably still have the surgery, but the anesthesiologist will make the final call. As you can see, he is sleeping very well right now (I just took that picture minutes ago).
Alina wasn't feeling to well either, she vomited up about 4 times today. Shawna is becoming quite the skilled mommy as she even caught one of them in a bowl and didn't have to change Alina's clothes. Just a few minutes ago, I was able to participate in the barf fest too. She had been acting pretty normal and had taken some pedialyte and kept it down fine. So, we thought she was doing well enough to take her night time bottle. She, too, thought she was ready to eat it, but then decided she didn't want it and gave it back to me, including that whcih she had already consumed. I was skilled enough to keep her clean, but not the floor, chair, my shirt, or pants.
In summary, we request that you pray for our kids, especially Conlin as he may be in for Surgery tomorrow (04/06/06).

1 Comments:
Poor guy! Too bad they couldn't combine this surgery and the hernia surgery. I'll be praying!
Nice vomitting management skills. I got pretty good at vomitting in mouth as I was running to the toilet during morning sicknes. My mom wondered why I couldn't do it when I was a kid- because I wasn't the one who had to clean it up!
Post a Comment
<< Home